November craft bags for week one will be available November 3-7, 2020 during normal library operating hours. The first week’s theme will be a craft of “candy apples.” Each bag/kit will contain the supplies and instructions for the craft along with related book titles, snacks, and additional resources that tie into the craft! We can’t wait to see your crafting creations. Use #highlandscountylibrariesfallcr
If you cannot visit any of the Highlands County Library System branches (Avon Park, Lake Placid or Sebring), you can still participate in the craft. Below are the instructions and the included related snacks, videos, and book titles.
*Please note, this craft was found through a Google image search and became the inspiration for the craft we are supply instructions for you all!
(You can be creative and resourceful by using what you already have at home, but these are the supplies we included in the craft kits: apple-colored foam sheet, popsicle stick, brown paint, and sprinkles. You will also need scissors and glue.)
- Cut an apple shape out of the foam pieces.
- Once you have the desired shape, use the brown paint to give the apples some “caramel.”
- Before the paint dries, add some sprinkles to your painted area.
- Once the paint dries, glue the popsicle to the back of the apple.
- Viola! Caramel apple complete with sprinkles!
- Fresh apples
- Apple cider or apple juice
- Caramel Apples
- Apple pie
Fall/Apple Related Book Titles:
Amelia Bedelia’s First apple pie by Herman Parish
Daniel’s Apple Picking Adventure by Maggie Testa
Apples to Oregon by Deborah Hopkinson
Check out this Mr. Rogers video on making applesauce! (Click here)