Residents of DeSoto, Glades, Hardee, Highlands or Okeechobee Counties (Heartland Library Cooperative member counties) are eligible for a free library card.
Proof of residency must be presented when applying for a library card and when renewing or replacing cards. A photo ID is required in addition to the proof of residency.
Proof of residency must be one of the following documents, which are current, valid, and issued in DeSoto, Glades, Hardee, Highlands or Okeechobee:
- Florida Driver’s License;
- Florida Identification Card
- County Government Employee Identification Badge
- School or College Identification Card
- Voter’s Registration Card
- Vehicle Registration
- Lease or Rental Agreement for 12‐month period
- Current Property Tax Receipt/Bill
- Deed to Property
- Declaration of Domicile from Clerk of Courts
- utility bill issued within last 3 months (must be in resident’s name)
- bank statement (not a check) (must be in resident’s name)