Career Online High School
DeSoto County Public Library’s Career Online High School (COHS) offers adults the opportunity to earn an accredited high school credit based diploma and career certification in an online environment.
DeSoto County has received a limited number of scholarships through the Florida Division of Libraries. These are being offered to qualified adult learners who wish to advance their careers, prepare for the workforce, or continue their education.
To qualify for the program, the applicant must:
- be at least 19-years-old
- have attended the 9th grade
- have a public library card in good standing
- complete an online assessment
- complete a prerequisite course
- participate in an in-person interview at the Library
In order to enroll, students must successfully pass an online self-assessment with an essay question and prerequisite course. Following the self-assessment the applicant will be invited to an in person interview. For complete information visit the program page.
Students will earn a career certificate in addition to the high school diploma. Students choose a major form one of the following career fields and complete coursework to develop the skills and knowledge that employers require.
- Certified Protection Officer
- Certified Transportation Services
- Child Care and Education
- Food Care and Customer Service Skills
- General Career Preparation
- Homeland Security
- Office Management
- Retail Customer Service Skills
You may obtain more information by referring to our frequently asked questions document or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.