November craft bags for week four will be available November 24, 25, & 28, 2020 during normal library operating hours. The fourth and final week’s theme will be a craft of “turkey.” Each bag/kit will contain the supplies and instructions for the craft along with related book titles, snacks, and additional resources that tie into the craft! We can’t wait to see your crafting creations. Use #highlandscountylibrariesfallcr
If you cannot visit any of the Highlands County Library System branches (Avon Park, Lake Placid or Sebring), you can still participate in the craft. Below are the instructions and the included related snacks, videos, and book titles.
*Please note, this craft was found through a Google image search and became the inspiration for the craft we are supply instructions for you all!
(You can be creative and resourceful by using what you already have at home, but these are the supplies we included in the craft kits: toilet paper roll (empty), craft/construction/colored paper, googly eyes, & pipe cleaner.
- Glue the googly eyes on paper roll.
- Shape the pipe cleaner into a beak and glue on roll.
- Fold each color paper into a fan. Staple all colors together.
- Cut a slit on the bottom of paper roll and insert color fans.
- Have fun with your turkey!
Fall Related Book Titles:
Check out some Thanksgiving activities by clicking here.
- Turkey sandwiches or wraps
- Turkey and cheese roll-ups
- Veggie tray arranged to look like a turkey
- Turkey-decorated cheese ball with crackers