November craft bags for week two will be available November 10-14, 2020 during normal library operating hours. The second week’s theme will be a craft of “fall trees.” Each bag/kit will contain the supplies and instructions for the craft along with related book titles, snacks, and additional resources that tie into the craft! We can’t wait to see your crafting creations. Use #highlandscountylibrariesfallcr
If you cannot visit any of the Highlands County Library System branches (Avon Park, Lake Placid or Sebring), you can still participate in the craft. Below are the instructions and the included related snacks, videos, and book titles.
*Please note, this craft was found through a Google image search and became the inspiration for the craft we are supply instructions for you all!
(You can be creative and resourceful by using what you already have at home, but these are the supplies we included in the craft kits: tree template on paper, twine or pipe cleaners (depends on pick-up branch), and pompoms.
- Cut string or pipe cleaner to desired length.
- Glue string or pipe cleaners to template to create trunk and branches.
- Glue pompoms to branches of the tree for leaves.
- Once the paint dries, glue the popsicle to the back of the apple.
- Viola! Caramel apple complete with sprinkles!
Fall Related Book Titles:
Make an edible tree using pretzels and cherry tomatoes.